Congratulations on your new Trash Water Pump and thank you for choosing Tomahawk Power!
Our 3” Industrial Duty Full Trash Water Pumps are your best solution for water pumping projects! Effortlessly pump water up to 375 gallons per minute around your jobsite, farm, home and other remote locations.
1. First, make sure the Honda GX240 engine has been filled with 91 octane gasoline and SAE10W30 4 stroke motor oil.
2. Next, connect your suction hose to the pump’s inlet and your discharge hose to the pump’s outlet. Secure them tightly.
3. Make sure to plunge the back end of your suction hose and a strainer into the water you plan to pump.
4. Next, unscrew the priming plug on top of the pump to prime it.
Priming is necessary to flush water into the pump and create the pressure it needs to begin pumping.
5. Replace the pump’s priming plug and secure it tightly.
6. Next, make sure the choke is closed and the fuel switch is ON.
7. Then, turn the Honda engine’s red ignition switch to ON.
8. Pull the recoil starter until the engine starts and then open the choke.
9. Keep the engine at idle speed for 3 to 5 minutes. Once the engine is warmed up, move the throttle lever to your ideal operating speed.
Tomahawk Full Trash Water Pumps can bring in debris up to 1.5” without breaking.
If a clog does occur, the pump will likely still work and debris can easily be removed with the quick release lever and access to the volute.
If you want to access the inside of the volute and impeller, wait until the engine has completely stopped and cooled down – then simply unscrew the knob and turn the cover counter clockwise for quick cleaning of debris or pump repair!
*As always, we strongly recommend using a strainer on your suction hoses and regular maintenance is advised.*
Now that your Tomahawk 3” Full Trash Pump is set up, you can use this pump in dirty water applications such as flooded construction sites, draining pools and ponds, or irrigating fields!