Often times, when we see people have issues with their power screed, it’s due to a lack of proper cleaning and maintenance. To keep your power screed running at it’s best, make sure to check all features before paying to replace the entire unit. Carburetors are sensitive, therefore it’s important to use good gas, the right amount of oil, and ensure the air filter is clean.
Our warehouse crew demonstrates the steps to replace a carburetor on a power screed:
1. Remove the air filter assembly.
2. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws inside.
3. Pull the pin out of the throttle.
4. Unscrew the bolts holding the throttle.
5. Pull the pin out.
6. Remove the old carburetor.
7. Hook up the fuel lines from the gas tank to the primer bulb.
8. Assemble the paper gasket in place with the new carburetor.
9. Insert the two bolts and tighten in place.
10. Assemble the pin back into the throttle.
11. Tighten the bolts on the throttle.
12. Push the pin through and test with the throttle handle.
13. Put the air filter assembly back together.
Get the replacement carburetor here.
For more how-to videos around the warehouse, subscribe to our channel!