With coronavirus spreading quicker everyday, it becomes an ever-looming thought of how to prepare for the virus to hit your hometown. Coronavirus is classified as a zoonotic disease, and just like any, it can be easily transmitted between animals and humans. It can have a very varied set of symptoms, both mild and severe, which usually shows up after 14 days of getting affected with the virus.
As everyone is on a more heightened alert about the spread of germs, it is important to make sure you feel comfortable with your children attending school. Just like at your home or work place there are a few routine you can maintain to keep your kids knowledgeable and safe from germs at school.
School Preparation Routines
It is very important to keep your children aware about the impact of coronavirus and how it is spread. It is important to set a routine they must follow, in order to keep themselves away from germs at school. Some of them are:
- Children must be reminded to wash their hands, as soon as they are back from school, for at least 20 seconds. Any alcohol based soap or an antibacterial soap should be used for the same.
- They should stay away from dirt and prefer playing indoors.
- Distance must be maintained from other students and teachers that show flu-like symptoms.
- They should be encouraged to wash their hands with water, after every period and during recess.
- Children should be taught to cover their mouths with a tissue, while they sneeze or cough and then later throw the used tissue in a waster bin.
- Children should avoid going to school if they feel sick.
Talking to Children About Coronavirus
Coronavirus is increasing at a fast pace. This makes it important for people to prepare themselves as well as their children about it. Many countries have declared a complete shutdown of the schools until the situation improves. Schools must ensure that they hold separate sessions and workshops where they teach children about the virus, the symptoms, and preventive measures they must practice to keep themselves safe.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
Homes and schools should be stocked with supplies to help reduce the spread of germs and bacteria.. Some of the essential supplies are:
- Antibacterial soaps and hand washes
- Hand sanitizers
- Cleaners, in order to disinfect the school premises at regular intervals
- Different chemicals to disinfect school surfaces, such as bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and more.
- Spraying apparatus to disinfect surfaces indoors and outdoors
- Basic first aid kits
- Cough and cold medicines
- Face masks and medical masks.
Should I Pull My Children From School?
It is not advisable for the parents to take up any extreme step, which may affect the education of their children. Keeping children away from school cannot be considered as an effective measure, as long as there are no announcements or official notifications by the state local health agencies or the government, respectively.
The impact of coronavirus has affected the lives and routines of the general public. Many countries have sought to ensure that children are not devoid of learning or studying, even after shutting schools. Children have been provided access to online teaching modules and paid leaves have been granted to teachers. The government has been trying their level best to ensure that the spread of the epidemic does not alter the educational milestones of the children.