Having a pool at home is one of the most brilliant ways of keeping a family happy, healthy, and engaged. In 8 BC the first heated swimming pool was invented in Rome, Italy - and ever since it has been a no brainer to add one to your own home if you have the means to do it. A backyard swimming pool has been a popular addition to many households, along with the abundance of leisure it has to offer, it adds value to the house and looks attractive.
Why Choose Concrete Pool Decks
Pool decks are the hardscape structures surrounding a pool. They are installed for decorative, safety, and functional purposes and also have numerous functions attached to it. Most of the pool decks are concrete-based. Here are some of the benefits of concrete pool decks:
- Concrete can be easily molded or crafted into any shape or size. That makes it easier to customize the pool deck in any design and look that you want.
- Concrete pool decks are relatively inexpensive in comparison to pool decks made out of wood or pavers.
- They are easy to maintain. Concrete pool decks can be refurbished and upgraded, without a lot of effort or money being put into it.
- They are available in multiple colors, designs, patterns, and textures and can amplify the look of your backyard space.
- Concrete is environmentally friendlier and sustainable in the long run, and is readily available in the markets.
- To maintain the color of the concrete material and to cover up any cracks it may acquire over a long period of time; it only needs to get resealed once every 2 to 3 years with a sealant sprayer.
Pool Deck Designs
Some brilliant tips and tricks which are both affordable and can make your pool look stunning are as follows:
- The pool deck should match the style of the hose. It should be designed in a way where it seems like an extension to the house.
- Include plants and foliage around it bring height and color to the pool space.
- The pool deck, including the pool area, can be ornamented with LED lights. LED lights not only make the premise look pleasant to the eyes but also illuminate the whole area, making it safer for children to use it during the evening. The lights should be embedded along the whole of the pool deck and also at certain areas around the pool to give the space an attractive effect.
- Seating areas should be made to accommodate guests and visitors.
- A small kid-friendly section can be made on one side of the deck.
- Different colored, patterned, and shaped concrete can be used along the border of the pool to give it a more polished look.
When it comes to redesigning a pool deck with the help of concrete, there is no limit to how much one can do creatively. Concrete being so flexible, allows homeowners to design a space around their pool that can be beautify their home and increase its value.