Location: San Diego, California | DOE
About Tomahawk Power
Based in San Diego, CA, Tomahawk Power LLC is a small business that dedicates itself to providing customers with superior equipment for the construction, rental, and agricultural industries. We manufacture specialized light construction equipment and diesel generators with superior parts and after-sales service built for professionals.
The Warehouse Specialist position will prioritize and pick product to fill orders and staging product for loading, physically moving and lifting product weighing as much as 150 pounds, organizing the warehouse stock, assisting in daily closing down of warehouse, compiling and submitting regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over- and under-shipments, return of products to vendor, etc., assisting in periodic inventory counts, operating powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in safe manner and maintaining an operator license, if required.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible of packing and shipping. Including local deliveries within San Diego.
- Handle all incoming shipments.
- Perform quality assurance inspections when appropriate.
- Responsible for unloading and loading trucks and containers and picking and placing pallets and equipment on and off the racks. When appropriate, relocate and consolidate material and notify management of new locations.
- Maintain appropriate forms pending return of material. Update returns daily in excel.
- Inspect condition of returned material prior to completing return authorization forms.
- Repair demo and returned items, to sell as refurbished items.
- Capable of fixing equipment. Upkeep and maintenance of warehouse, tools, truck, forklift, and equipment. Assembe and disassemble equipment per instruction.
- Pull stock and return it to the correct location pending credit memo, sale or return to supplier.
- Clean and organize warehouse, packing station, repair area, returns department, and trucking/parking area.
- Assemble and disassemble bins, racks, shelves and tables as needed.
- Obtain quotes for packing materials and equipment necessary for operating in the warehouse.
- Update inventory in excel.
- Assist with service calls on equipment as needed.
- Eligible for compensation for the refurbished items that are sold (3% commission)
Competencies and Education
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Added Knowledge (Experience is not necessary, but an advantage)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Must have a attention to detail.
- Exhibit professionalism, optimism, and a positive approach when change is necessary.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time & project management skills, as well as an extremely motivated personality.
- Prepared to take on new tasks and responsibilities and help contribute to a quickly growing company!
Why Should You Apply?
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules